Whether or not you have received a Reiki session, you probably have some preconceived ideas about why a person would want to learn Reiki. Of course. But I would like to take this opportunity to expand your awareness. You may be surprised.
- Reiki is a wonderful means of providing self care. This possibility goes beyond using the hand positions you would learn in a Reiki class. You see Reiki really responds to your intention. “Seek and ye shall find” is a perfect invitation. Reiki energy is always there for everyone but it respects our free will. Ask and allow it to flow. A Reiki class speeds up the process for you so that you will more readily open to the flow and feel the effects. Imagine starting your day by centering and inviting the flow of Reiki energy, asking for guidance as you move through the day’s work, challenges and frustrations.
- You can use Reiki energy to calm the energy in your home. Some days are tense. Perhaps the kids seem out of sorts. maybe you are having a conflict with your partner. The area just feels like it is ripe for more. Allowing Reiki energy to clear your chakras, and calm your field will be a good start. You can then do the same with your home. The Reiki energy will spread around and be “catchy” so to speak.
- The first two levels of Reiki can be used also with animals. Do you have animals in your care? Sheila Murphy, my Reiki Master colleague has been pursuing Animal Reiki. Sheila will be offering a class (to those with Reiki 11) on how to use Reiki with animals. In fact if I have two more students in the course, Sheila will be helping me teach it and can give you some starter tips. It is different working with animals.
- Use Reiki to help prepare yourself for an upcoming challenge. Perhaps you feel anxious about a difficult meeting, a challenging phone call you are expecting or have to make, or something of that nature. Let yourself be Reiki. Yes visualization is helpful but your visualization can be even more effective if you first allow Reiki to be flowing within you.
- Reiki helps you be ready for what the future may bring. It will help you be more resilient with the major changes occurring in the world today. The more we practice being with Reiki, the easier it is to invite its presence in times of confusion and crisis. It isn’t an easy time we live in.
- You may wish to eventually start up a Reiki practice. Yes some people study Reiki for the purpose of starting up a Reiki practice. It will take some time to develop your skills enough to begin seeing clients but some people already have a practice where they see clients for similar kinds of concerns. Talk to me about this possibility.
- Personally I would love to see a variety of health care practitioners using Reiki to strengthen the care they offer. An Occupational Therapist or Physio Therapist or Chiropractor could learn Reiki and use it to help bring a client to a better state of relaxation in order for their treatment to be more effective more quickly. Or, I suppose they could work cooperatively with a Reiki practitioner to achieve the same end. A Psychotherapist could also work collaboratively with a Reiki Practitioner to help the client be better able to gain new insights and perhaps release troubling issues.
I would be happy to explore these benefits with anyone who would like to work with Reiki in these ways. Consider the Reiki courses I am offering soon. Reiki 1 on May 23 and Reiki 11 on May 30th. The possibilities are endless. Click here for more details about the classes. Or email me with your questions at email@example.com.
Till next time,